Jeri Goldstein, former agent and manager, now author and music business and performing arts consultant, provides valuable resources, instruction and coaching to those navigating their way to creating a successful performing arts touring career. Having worked with some of the top touring acoustic artists on the circuit for 20 years including Robin & Linda Williams, Dan Crary and four-time IBMA Instrumental Group of the Year, California, she booked national and international tours for artists performing in music, theater and dance.
How To Be Your Own Booking Agent, THE Musician’s & Performing Artist’s Guide To Successful Touring was self-published in 1998. The award-winning book, now in its 3rd edition, is used as a text book in Music Business courses at Universities across the U.S. and Canada, Berklee College of Music, NYU, Belmont University, The Musician’s Institute and the Harris Institute in Montreal are among them. The book is used by musicians and performing artists world-wide and was Amazon’s # 1 Music Business book.
Jeri presents live seminars internationally at industry conferences, for arts councils in the US & Canada and at universities and offers online courses for agents, managers, musicians and performing artists along with career development coaching world-wide through her Career Development Programs. she has transformed her live presentation to her popular online course Booking & Touring Success Strategies & Secrets which she offers twice per year. Her information-packed articles can be found on her website, https://performingbiz.com/ and have been included in leading music business and entertainment trade magazines and on industry websites such as Garageband, Gig, Getsigned.com, Taxi and Discmakers newsletters. Her free action-oriented weekly audio messages, Biz Booster Hot Tips, are designed to help musicians and performing artists make consistent progress toward reaching their career goals by offering step-by-step strategies and techniques.
Jeri was president of The New Music Times, Inc. and is currently president and founder of Performingbiz, LLC. Goldstein’s background runs the gamut working inside the entertainment industry as concert promoter, tour coordinator, and commercial television production engineer for an NBC affiliate station, commercial country radio DJ, photographer and graphic artist. She has also served as President and member of the Board of Directors of the Folk Alliance. Goldstein created and coordinated the Folk Alliance’s Booking Agent Training School for four annual conferences. The Southern Arts Federation partnered with Goldstein to offer one-day booking seminars for roster touring artists at arts councils throughout the US.
Jeri now makes her home in southern Florida.
She has conducted seminars for:
- Arts Council of the Blue Ridge
- Arts Midwest
- Arts North Carolina
- Arts Northwest
- British Columbia Touring Council, Canada
- California Arts Council
- Florida Division for Cultural Affairs
- Indiana Arts Commission
- Louisiana Division of the Arts
- Mississippi Arts Commission
- Missouri Folk Arts Program
- New Orleans Arts Council
- Ohio Arts Presenter’s Network
- Ontario Arts Council, Canada
- Pennsylvania Arts Council, PennPat
- Southern Arts Federation
- Tennessee Arts Commission
- Virginia Commission for the Arts
- The Music Business Institute/Cutting Edge
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Folk Alliance
- Independent Children’s Artist Network
- International Bluegrass Music Association
- Louisiana Music New Orleans Pride-LMNOP
- Music Entertainment Industry Educators Association-MEIEA
- Belmont University- School of Business
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Colorado University at Denver – Music Industry Loyola University – Music Business Department
- Music Tech College
- New York University – Music Department
- University of Kansas – Music & Dance Department
- University of Virginia – McIntire School of Music & Continuing Professional Studies