I want to share a powerful end of year review with you to help carry you forward into the new year.
Every year during Christmas week I set aside time to look back over the last year and see what I accomplished in my business and in my life. Then I look ahead and make some plans for the new year.
I cherish this time as I look at all the new things that I was able to make happen or challenges that I faced head on and conquered.
It’s not so much the number of things that were done that makes an End of Year Review so important, it’s the processes behind the accomplishments that makes this review so valuable.
Here are some of the items that you might include in your End of Year Review:
- What kind of venues did you grow into?
- How much did your ticket prices increase from last year?
- How many new fans do you have on your mailing list and in your social media accounts?
- Did you expand your touring area?
- Did you use different kinds of marketing this year and how did it impact your bookings, audience growth and merchandise sales? What exactly did you do, and can you replicate it or make it even better?
- Did you make changes to your Internet presence or your main website and how did that work or help?
- Were there any personnel changes in your act and how did that impact you?
8. How did this year’s expenses impact your budget?
- Did attending any conferences help your bookings for the next touring season?
- How did you implement new technology this year and did it make a difference?
And perhaps your list goes on depending on your circumstance, but I think you get the idea.
This review is now the foundation for your plans for the next year. Look at what worked, use it again, tweak it to improve it, discard what didn’t work or try to figure out why.
Step into the new year armed with facts not theory, proven history, not wishful thinking and make next year even more prosperous and successful. If you’ve never done this before, then make this the year to start. This powerful end of year review will serve you well for the rest of your life.
Have a wonderful, healthy and prosperous New Year.
What have you discovered after doing your powerful end of year review? Do you feel more confident planning for the new year?
Leave me a comment below.
I can’t wait to hear about your success.
Thanks to Carol Ehrlich for designing this week’s Biz Booster graphic image, “End of Year Review.”
Now, Thanks to the Band Curfew from the UK for providing the Biz Booster theme Music, Future Dance.
And for more career boosting tips, articles, books, resources, and online courses, visit me at Performingbiz.com
Get Great Gigs Podcast soon to launch mid-January