It is time for your Year In Review.
It’s December and the year is winding down. Every year during Christmas week I take a bunch of time to look back over the last year and see what I accomplished in my business. Then I look ahead and make some plans for the new year.
I cherish this time as I look at all the new things that I was able to make happen or challenges that I faced head on and conquered.
It’s not so much the numbers of things that were done that makes your Year In Review so important, it’s the processes behind the accomplishments that makes this review so valuable.
Here are some of the items that you might include in your Year In Review:
- What kind of venues did you grow into?
- How much did your ticket prices increase from last year?
- How many new fans do you have on your mailing list or in your social media networks?
- Did you expand your touring area?
- Did you use different kinds of marketing this year and how did it impact your bookings, audience growth and merchandise sales? What exactly did you do and can you replicate it or make it even better?
- Did you make changes to your Internet presence, social media outreach or your main website and how did that work or help?
- Were there any personnel or team members changes in your act and how did that impact you?
- How did this year’s expenses impact your budget?
- Did attending any conferences help your bookings for the next touring season?
- How did you implement new technology this year and did it make a difference?
Perhaps your list goes on depending on your circumstance, but I think you get the idea.
This review is now the foundation for your plans for the next year. Look at what worked, use it again,
tweak it to improve it, discard what didn’t work or try to figure out why.
Step into the new year armed with facts not theory, proven history, not wishful thinking and make the new year even more prosperous and successful. If you’ve never looked at your Year In Review before, then make this the year to start. It will serve you well for the rest of your life.
Do you use this year in review process for your career? Have you gained useful insights in the past? What are you looking forward to once you’ve implemented this process?
Leave me a comment below or on the Performingbiz Success Strategies Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PerformingbizSuccessStrategies. I can’t wait to hear about your success.
To say thanks for the Holidays I’m making some Holiday Discount Coupons
available until December 31, 2017 TAKE $10 OFF
Use Coupon Code: Holidays20174thPDF
Now, Thanks to the Band Curfew from the UK for providing the Biz Booster theme Music, Future Dance. Check them out at www.curfew.co.uk
And for more career boosting tips, articles, books, resources, tele-seminars and online courses, visit me at Performingbiz.com