Did you know that niche markets offer great gigs?
I’ve got three questions for you.
- Do you want a continuous stream of new gig opportunities?
- Do you want to have an easier time booking your gigs & tours?
- Would you like to increase your gig fees?
Okay, I cannot imagine the answer being anything but “yes.” And if that is the case, then it’s time to start finding your own unique niche market.
Let’s be clear about what a niche market is. As some might have you believe, playing clubs or colleges or grade schools or even churches is not necessarily a unique niche market, but rather various venue types.
Niche Markets Offer Great Gigs
They are more specific audience types or a specific organizational type. Here are some examples:
- Professional groups such as insurance agents, lawyers, psychologists, health care, etc. In this case each group has gatherings, conferences, meetings or trainings at which they often have an entertainment element. Perhaps you have some past employment experience in a particular field. Your knowledge of the industry can make you the one and only sought-after entertainer for their events.
Hook into one of these types of organizations and you could be playing around the country and around the world, being well paid and highly appreciated while selling lots of merchandise.
- Hobby and sport enthusiasts of all sorts also have events, gatherings, contests and games that also include some celebration that has entertainment. Pick something you are interested in or enjoy and you could play or do your favorite thing while getting paid to entertain the folks with whom you can really relate.
- Causes serve as another category of niche market.
Perhaps you support a specific charity or champion a cause or have a religious affiliation. These niche markets can offer multiple opportunities within one large organization when there are chapters throughout the country or even the world. One note of caution
though, unless you hook into a well organized group with the knowledge of how to fundraise, your fees may be smaller than in the above mentioned niches.
The competition is heavy for all of the regular venue types giving bookers plenty of talent to choose from at rock bottom prices. Step out of the mainstream crowd. Find your own unique niche market and begin building a career with higher income and a loyal following.
One of the true joys I have had in the last 15 years of coaching and working with artists around the world, is to help them discover one or multiple niche markets that sets them on the path to creating a profitable, meaningful career. I want to see that for you and working in a niche market that suits your talent, your personality and your interests can do just that.
Take some time this week to think about some niches that are right for you and begin exploring them. Because niche markets offer great gigs, it just might change your touring life as it has done for so many of my other clients.
Have you discovered your own unique niche market? How has that impacted your bookings?
Leave me a comment below or on the Performingbiz Success Strategies Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PerformingbizSuccessStrategies.
I can’t wait to hear about your success.
Now, Thanks to the Band Curfew from the UK for providing the Biz Booster theme Music, Future Dance. Check them out at www.curfew.co.uk
And for more career boosting tips, articles, books, resources, tele-seminars and online courses, visit me at Performingbiz.com